Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Point of View: Freebie Organizer + Book Suggestions

Spring break has allowed me a few extra minutes to write a blog post!  (First time all year.)  I had a baby boy in September which has been keeping me pretty busy...
 ...I admire you blogging teacher moms that somehow find time to blog, teach, make TpT goodies, and be a mommy!  I think I must need some serious time management help.  :)

Now that I'm done making excuses, on to the school stuff...

I have been planning some lessons for teaching point of view and wanted to post the organizer I made for the students to record their thoughts.  Click the image below to download for free.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Point-Of-View-Comparison-Organizer-2485728

There are three different options of line spacing, depending on the writing capabilities of your students and on how much you'd like them to write.

Here are some AWESOME book options for teaching point of view:

 
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=the+other+side+of+the+story+fairy+tales&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3Athe+other+side+of+the+story+fairy+tales
There are a handful of these twisted fairy tales told from the perspective of another character in the story.  HERE is an Amazon link to view them.  So far, I've ordered the Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood books and love them!

I'm also going to use the two books The Day the Crayons Quit and The Day the Crayons Came Home.  The students are then going to write a friendly letter (as they do in the books) from the perspective of a crayon. I blogged about this activity in an earlier post.  Click the image below for the corresponding writing activity.
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment