Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Made It - Rag Banner + Bell

I'm linking up with Tara {4th Grade Frolics} for Monday-Made It!  I haven't made nearly as much cutesy classroom stuff this summer, but did finally make a rag banner to hang above my classroom windows.


It really was quite easy to do and probably only took 2-3 hours total (and that was with a baby crawling all over me pulling the fabric strips down).  HERE is a great tutorial if you'd like to try one out!  My fabric strips are 2x20 inches.  I was excited that I was able to use up a bunch of fabric from my old bulletin boards!  I had to make mine pretty long to reach across the windows, so depending on your space, it may not even take that long.


My other Monday Made It is embarrassingly simple...I spray painted my new classroom bell to match my color scheme.  I kept trying to find colored or cute call bells online, but could only find plain ones.  Once my bell arrived from Amazon, I realized how simple it was to take it apart.  I spray-painted the base and reassembled...took several minutes!  I keep the bell at my small group table and use it to transition between Daily 5 rotations.  I ring it twice to signal "pick up" and ring it once after a minute or so to signal that the students should be at their own seats, heads down, quiet, and picked up.  This really has cut down on transition time.  :)

{Wire basket + tins are from Target}


I'm also pretty excited about the new stools I scored at Family Dollar for $5!  My IKEA stools didn't even survive two years of wiggly second graders.  Gladys from Teaching In High Heels uses the metal Family Dollar stools in her room and said they've been sturdy and are going strong into their fourth year.  Thanks for the tip, Gladys.  Hope these last! 

It's our last week before school starts.  Which means, it is time to set aside the fun projects and start lesson planning.  :(  Hope everyone has a great start to the school year!  

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Love this. I might have to make one to add to my curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that banner! Little details like that can make such a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your banner!!!! This makes me want to make. Great color choices too!!
    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rag banner, looks cuter than curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah!! I love those stools! I can't believe you found them at Family Dollar! Ours isn't the best. :( Love the curtains, too!

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rag banner! That seems like something I could do! Thanks for the idea:)

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/07/more-books-please-mosaic-monday-made-it_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute rag banner! I am working on a ribbon/christmas light one! I just need ribbon to go on sale at HL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rag banner is too perfect. Love it, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your rag banner!! I made one last year but bunched it up way too much (heavy) and couldn't decide where to hang it...#hotmessexpress. I want those stools!! Your room looks adorable! Thank you for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete